And just as everyone thought that day 26 of the impeachment trial will be short and uneventful, private prosecutor Vitaliano Aguirre landed on the spotlight by making a gesture that irked Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago and many senator-judges and, very unexpectedly, taunted Sen. Santiago and the impeachment court as a consequence, by justifying the gesture he made.
|Photo by TV 5's JournalisMO|
Just some points from a non-lawyer, ordinary citizen like me:
1. Kung nabastos ka, hindi pambabastos ang tamang solusyon.
2. You speak of human dignity when what you did trampled it?
3. I am represented by senators among other elected government officials. You disrespect them, you disrespect me.
4. Dear public prosecutors, y u no handle your private prosecutors well?
5. Thank you Sen. Jinggoy Estrada, Sen. Pia Cayetano, Sen. Allan Peter Cayetano, Sen. Pres. Juan Ponce-Enrile and all other senators for citing Aguirre for contempt.